Starting out life as a minimalist

These days I read a lot about people downsizing their homes, cars, and stuff they own. If you think about it, this does makes sense.


After reading that I can sense that benefits of having minimum stuff so that you can focus on important things in life. It is true that if have an important exam to worry about, you don't want to concentrate on broken expensive chair at home. It happens to many times that I have more important stuff to take care of but I am so busy maintaining my home, car, and belongings that I find less time to:
  1. Call my parents.
  2. Call my grandparents.
  3. Eat Healthy.
  4. Go out and have fun with friends.
  5. Read a book.



                                                Photo by dimitris petridis from FreeImages

In short, because of my belongings it has become very difficult to manage my time well. I have stopped living my life and have become just a to-do list. Well trust me that to-do list never run out of items. So to start, I will list out the items I have have at home. I will downsize them by donating them or selling them or storing them in a bag with a list on it. I will start with my clothes, makeup items, and books. 

Here are the some of the actions that I took to start minimalist approach: 
  1. I packed extra utensils in a box and kept bare minimum in my kitchen. 
  2. I threw the extra containers and kept the bare minimum. 
  3. I didn’t shop for 6 months and kept on using the same clothes. 
  4. I made a list of spices I had at home. I bought a lot of them last year. Its been 7 months, I have frozen the spices and haven’t bought any of them in this year. 
I still continue to purge any un-necessary things by donating them or recycling them. If we all follow this approach then it will be good for the environment too! 


Comments

Popular Posts