My active lifestyle

Back in 2013 I was a bit overweight so I decided to take care of it. I didn't wanted to go on any crash diet or crazy workout routine. My approach was very to consistently do some workouts and build the stamina. So here is what I did in 2014. Hope you enjoy the article. If you do then please leave a comment down below on how it helped you! 

Summer is officially over. Now when I step outside, I can sense the chilly wind. However, I am still planning to utilize most of my evenings since the sun still sets around 8 pm. There were a lot of activities we planned to do this summer but couldn’t complete few of them. But it looks like we have time till september end and the hope is not lost. After that either I have to hit the gym or workout at home or run during the day. Here is my plan to stay active for rest of the month:

  1. Plan for a light hike and execute the plan
  2. Walk for 5 miles everyday. 


                                                            Photo by Julia Freeman-Woolpert from FreeImages


Here are the details of how I am planning to stay active: 
My husband has a tracking device so he can track his workout time easily. I have one too but I don’t want to wear it :) because I still haven't inculcated the habit of wearing it quickly in the morning. So this is how I usually get my exercise. I know that at the speed at which I walk, I can finish 1 mile in 20 mins. So if I walk for 1 hour 40 mins, I can finish my 5 miles of exercise easily. I target to finish 5 miles everyday and I walk for around 40 mins during my work hours. So I have to get 1 hour of walk or exercise in the evening. to reach my 1 hour 40 mins goal. Sometimes I reach home a bit late in the evening so I will try to be creative with my time. These are few of my creative ways:
  1. I can try to walk for 1 hour during my work hours.
  2. I can try to walk/run early in the morning for 20-30 minutes.
  3. I can try to go to gym and walk on incline. This burns double the calories.
  4. I can try to do some exercises at home, while watching my tv shows.  
  5. I can do more workout on specific days like Thursdays. 
  6. I can cook food more frequently and it burns around 100-150 calories while moving around the kitchen.


                                                                  Photo by Michel Meynsbrughen from FreeImages



Few more healthy habits that I am planning to incorporate in my schedule but they are not part of my schedule yet. Those include:
  1. Learning to swim.
  2. Biking. I have to get a bike for that first :)
  3. Sitting on a balloon ball while watching tv. 
  4. Running at least 1-2 times a week. 

Overall, I am really happy with the way my active lifestyle has turned out to be in this year. Around Oct, 2013 I didn't had much stamina to do rigorous exercises and to walk for long periods of time. But by end of 2014 I had no problem walking for 5 miles a day as I built the stamina over the period of time. To all those, who are trying to get active in lifestyle, I would suggest to take some baby steps. For me it took a year to go from lazy body to an active body :)

Comments

Popular Posts