Goals of 2014

I created my yearly goals in 2014 but didn't do so from 2015 onwards. I started this habit again in 2020 so I will plan to have more written goals from 2021 onwards. This post will show you how writing down the goals helps even if you don't achieve them all. Even if you achieve only 50% or so, you are ahead than most others who don't write down their goals. So I hope this article inspires you to write your personal goals if you are a working professional. Or write down both if you are an entrepreneur. 


=== Article written in 2014 ===

I started a new website in 2013 on the simple theme of simple and easy life. However, I found it very difficult to update it on regular basis. Finally, I gave up the idea of putting my thoughts on a website. I find blogger.com to be very friendly and useful to jot down my thoughts and emotions without debugging issues of html and css scripts.

However, this doesn't stop me from launching a website in a future. Previous website worked as a testbed and I learned a great deal from it even though it was not a huge success.

On personal front, 2013 was year where I gained a good amount of weight so I would like to shed those extra pounds in 2014. Health wise also 2013 was not a great year for me. So eating right and staying away from laptop will surely help me regain my energy quickly. 

So here are my goals of 2014: Green means accomplished. Red means not accomplished. 



                                                                        Photo by Markus Winkler on Unsplash


  1. Write at least 2 articles per week for this blog. More the merrier :) By the end of this year, I am planning to have around 100 articles in this blogpost. This year I want to get into the habit of writing the articles so that I don't feel lazy when I have to write on different topics.
  2. I would like to reduce my weight from 112 pounds to 103 pounds. I am 5 feet tall so 103 pounds is ideal weight for me.
  3. To have more positive attitude towards things. Last year it was easier to slip into the pattern of complaining and negative thinking. Mainly it was because I was not achieving my goals personally. Professionally things were on track but this blog is not about that.
  4. I will finish all ten seasons of friends ;) Last year, I managed to watch 7 seasons of friends for the first time. Will finish this sitcom this year. I watch these while I am walking in gym.
  5. I will finish watching Frasier sitcom. Last year in Oct, me and my husband started watching Frasier. We used to watch 2-3 episodes per day. Since it was on our Amazon Instant video, we could watch it while having breakfast on our trips too :) We are on our last season. We are planning to finish it. 
  6. I will eat a healthy diet entire week. Last year it happened often that I was not making healthy eating choices during the week but only on the weekend. I started eating healthy on regular basis from Nov 2013. I am planning to continue it till this becomes a habit.
  7. I will get at least 7 hours of sleep daily.

This seems to be a good list to me for the entire 2014. I hope to achieve all of them :) Also, logging it on blogger helps to refer to my goals often and be on track. This is a very high level list of what I need to accomplish during the entire year. I am planning to have quarterly goals like visiting a place, running a marathon, etc. This way I will be able to achieve more in my personal life, which I always wanted since I was a kid.

Have you created your list yet?


Comments

Popular Posts