Stay in touch with your grandparents

Don't we all have that few people, who will talk to us whenever we need? These people love us no matter what. They have taken care of us and are ready to shower their affection on us whenever needed. They are the nicest people we know on earth.


Yes you got it right, I am talking about grandparents. I love my grandparents and enjoy their company. My granny says that I used to stay at her home when I was just 6 months old :) I thought it was easy for her to take care of me. Well now I saw my nephew born in front of me, I can say that it takes a huge amount of work to take care of a baby. My granny took care of me when I was so young and I really love her for that. I will eternally be grateful to her as it's not an easy task to take care of a little kid.




Now I stay away from my granny in a completely different country. Whenever I visit my home country she asks me to visit her. I make sure to visit her 2-3 times during my visit. I really enjoy talking to her and learn a lot about her background. Now she is very old and doesn't remember much but still asks me how I am, how is my work coming along, how is my life, etc. Whenever I call her, she asks me when I am going to shift back to the home country. My heart breaks at this question as I am really not sure. I tell her that I haven't given it much thought. I am really grateful to have her in my life and she is very interested in my life and that interest is very genuine. As you grow up, the number of friends in your life decreases and people don't have genuine interest in others' lives. Having someone who is genuinely interested in your life means very much. I am thankful that I got to spend time with my grandparents and they taught me a great deal of things.


When I moved to a new country, where I am still living; I used to call my grandma every weekend. Then I got into the workforce and frequency reduced. Now I haven't called her in the last 2 years but I have visited her during my visits to my hometown. That is really bad on my part. From 2015 onwards, I will make sure to call my grandma every once in a week. I personally feel that it is important to stay in touch with people, who love you and care for you. We spend so much time with people, whom we might or might not like so much. This just brings frustration to our lives. I believe if one wants to get over that frustration, it is important to stay in touch with people who love you.



                                           Photo by JohnBoyer from FreeImages 


So stop reading this article and give a call to that person, who loves you no matter what. I am going to make that call and you do it too:)


Comments

Popular Posts