Positive things I did this week

I started this series back in December of 2018 thinking I will document all the good things I did throughout the week. However I just did it for a week and then forgot about it. Its since then been sitting in my drafts so I thought of publishing it and making it public. It gave me some inspiration and I am proud of myself of trying to be happy in small things. So publishing it to help readers understand to try to find happiness in small things in life. 

Article from Dec 2018

I am planning to write a series where I will write down the series of good things that happened during the week. It will be like a gratitude journal for the week. These days when we are surrounded with so much negative press and media, it is so hard to focus on the positives. So here is my attempt to focus on the positives for the week.


                                                                    Image by Annalise Batista from Pixabay 



Wednesday 26th Dec, 2018: 
Went to Valley fair Mall and bagged some great deals. Here is the list of items I bought: 
  1. Dress from Macy's for 26$ + CA tax. Original price was 89$. So this gave me a saving of 73%. Wohoo!!!
  2. Bought 2 tops from Express. They had a huge clearance section that had a discount of 50% on already reduced prices. I got both the tops for 15.99$ + CA tax. Original price on each top was 50$. Savings of 70%. Wohooo again! 

Thursday 27th Dec, 2018: 
Went to Saibaba temple in Milpitas, CA. It was really very peaceful and had an amazing time. Had to wait in 3 different lines for total of 30-40 minutes but I got to think about God for that time and focus on positive things. 


Friday 28th Dec, 2018:
Saw tv for couple of hours. Got to watch some good financial advice from some videos from Indian financial planners and learned a lot. Gist is look for some strong companies and invest in them for longer term like 30 years atleast ;) 


Saturday 29th dec, 2018:
Met a set of friends at Sakoon restaurant in downtown Mountain View, CA. Learned a lot about Oak trees and tourism in Europe. It was a great conversation. Apparently it is illegal to cut an Oak tree in California as it as some significance. And traveling across Belgium or Venice might not be a great idea if you are looking to relax. Food is expensive and both places are really crowded. However UK and London are good tourist spots so there you go. 


                                                                Image by DarkAthena from Pixabay 



Sunday 30th Dec, 2018:
Met a set of friends at their home. They invited us to have lunch. They made some pav bhaji. We went around 12:45pm and stayed till 6:00pm. We learnt that they too are into Meditation and Yoga. There was a lot to chat about and all of us had a fun conversation. 

I am happy with the way my week was spent. Looking forward to another positive week.

Comments

Popular Posts